Monday, October 16, 2006

The Biggest Sabres Fan in France

Come on Google, I need this...

It turns out that the last time I posted something on this blog was 1-October. Wow! How the time flies. I haven't been sitting on my postieror doing nothing though. I hate these bulleted posts with a bunch of different random thoughts in them, but hey, you know what? I have to get a bunch of stuff written and I only have time for one post! So there. If you don't like it, move your mouse up to the extreme right hand side of your browser and click lightly one time.

Work: As some of you know, I am a part-time "Chauffeur deluxe" (not my words). Usually this consists of taking obscenely rich people to the wine-producing regions here and trying to convince them to buy stuff like Chateau Petrus (those prices are per bottle folks) from wine stores where I get a commision (ok, I over simplify, it's not all about "me" I also try to ensure that their stay is as fulfilling (usually consisting of Michelin 2-star restaurants and wine tasting as some of the "nicer" places around here) as possible. Anyway, the other day I saw and drove very much not-rich-Americans. While waiting for clients at the private part of the Bordeaux airport, I saw this balding man get out of a car driven by one of our competitors. Expecting the worst, I braced as he lowered his head and looked in my direction...but alas, I am not Italian. Zidane nodded at me and went into the airport. I thought, wow, my brush with greatest! Cool! Little did I know of what was to come.
I got my clients, brought them up to the Medoc to their hotel and came back to the airport to pick up more clients. Just as I arrived, my boss called me and said, "Do you have anything to do tonight?" No, not really. Ok, do you know Anggun? By name. You're going to go pick up her promoter at his house, then go to her concert, watch the concert then take Anggun back to Bordeaux to eat and then back to her hotel...
Of course, I'm just the chauffeur, so I don't count that much for these stars, but still. I was Anggun's chauffeur! It's pretty cool!

Other stuff:
The Sabres are off to a great start. They've started the season 5-0, three of those wins coming in the shootout! Not sure if the Ice Slug is a good thing or not, but it's not having a negative effect on the boys from Buffalo!

I went to the Paris Auto Show last week. Julie managed to get Alex and myself free entry, plus access to the Ferrari stand, which is usually closed to the riff-raff. It's fun to look at everyone from the inside! I'm putting a couple of pictures up here for your viewing pleasure (not all from Ferrari).

Next time, I'll try to post in less than 15 days!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home