Saturday, March 10, 2007

The House - Day Something-or-Other

As promised earlier, I am posting a little update on the house. So, I went on Wednesday to get some stuff done. Julie took Thurs and Friday off from work. Thursday, I had rented a truck at the place where we bought the tile to transport the 600kg (~1400 lbs) of tile to our house. I figured since I was there, I would also buy some sheetrock. So I got there at 9:15, deal with the papers, get the tile loaded and we try to load some sheetrock...hmmm, not enough room. So the guy says, 'I tell ya what, I'll charge you only 1.5 hours for the entire morning and you come back (it's about 1/2 hour one-way from our new house) and get the sheetrock.' Ok. So I drive over to the house and unload with Julie 600kgs of tile. Run back to the store. Instead of getting 10 sheets of sheetrock I figure I should get 20...I'll need them and I've got the truck...why not. Then I think, we've got 400 sq. feet of wood flooring at my in law's house..which is right next to the store where I bought the drywall...ugh. Ok, I swing by there and get the 12 packs of wood. Run back. Julie and I unload the sheetrock (each sheet is 85 lbs) and the wood!

The afternoon we continued putting sheetrock on the ceiling...if you've never done this (I had never done it on the ceiling), it's incredibly tiring for your arms (and back, and neck...it's just tiring overall).

Friday we continued with the sheetrock and basically got it finished except for 3 small pieces that Julie's cousin Camille and I finished today.

There's so much work left to do and basically two weeks before we move. The next 14 days are going to be insanely busy. Oh well. There's things that have to be done...the flooring upstairs, the tile downstairs, the walls need to be drywalled...Not a lot of choice.

Oh yeah, and our new windows got installed on Thursday! What a difference double-plated brand new windows make!

I'll put a couple of pictures up here. The first one is Camille feeling the surge of power that only a large tool can give you.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home