Friday, April 21, 2006

This Blog Should be in Spanish

Thanks to Jeff, I've been keyed into Statcounter which basically tells me how many readers I get per day (average around 3), where those people are located (at least where their [proxy] server is located), what browser they are using (IE is winning, much to my disappointment, by a stunning 71% - hey people get Mozilla Firefox, it's much better), the time they spend on my blog (averaging around 20 seconds) and the key words they used if they came from a search engine (very few people use search engines - most come directly to my site).

Anyway, after the frisbee tournament on the Costa Brava, I sent links to my posts to my entire pickup team, and the Spanairds have starting reading my blog en masse. France is still number 1 as the location of origin (41%), but most of these page loads are from me checking to make sure my posts are appearing correctly, etc. Spain is a close number 2 with 39% (with almost half of those people checking in from lovely Barcelona - hey Barcelona, qué pasa?). The US is a shameful #4 on the list (after Belgium!!!!!).

Unfortunately, 8 years of middle and high school and college level Spanish have done nothing for my ability to write, speak, read or otherwise "know" Spanish in anyway. So, a big "lo siento" to all the Spaniards, this blog isn't going to be changing languages anytime soon (and even then it will be much more likely that French becomes the language of choice because je me débrouille en français).

As you may be able to tell, I'm a little low on ideas right now. No one is rioting in France for the moment, I still have no job, and I have no [big] reason to be pissed off at the world...except for a couple of minor things that I'll probably post in the next few days.

Have a good weekend!

1 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Jeff K said...

Oh yeah? Well, I'm not going to let the Spaniards in the pantry, and let them beat the USA! USA! USA!

Nah, who cares, you gotta love the Spanish. Mi casa is su casa, and all that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home