Saturday, March 17, 2007

The House: Days Dwindling

Sorry folks for not posting earlier; as some of you can imagine giving ourselves 3 weeks to basically redo the interior of the house turns out to be a very stressful thing to do to ourselves!!

Anyway, the upstairs is kinda livable. We have to do something about the wall that is not insulated at all (and by not insulated I mean it has a piece of plywood that separates the cars, people and cold from our bedroom). Other than this we finished the flooring upstairs. My father-in-law showed me how to do it and we did my office together. Then I finished during the week (actually I finished today, but it was just a few tinny bits). I think it's pretty damn well done for an rookie and I'm quite proud of it. We've got a throw up a first coat of paint and we should be able to survive for a few weeks.

Thursday, Julie's cousin got lassoed into helping me do the drywall (poor kid, he's on vacation from med school and just happened to stop by the house to see it...he must regret that move. Oh well, it helped him burn off his spring-break hangover). We got most of it done, and Jean-Christophe and I finished it up this morning before starting on the tiling! Ugh, I'm not sure what's harder, wood flooring or tiling. They both have their negatives. I think that flooring is harder to do well, but tiles are painful. You spend the whole day on your knees, trying not to displace the freshly placed tiles, while reaching waaaaaay over to the back to try to clean up the previous row. At least we bought the glue (or whatever the sticky stuff is called in english) that is already made...it costs more, but man it's so much easier that having to constantly mix up the powder.

Not sure if this post makes any sense...it's quarter-to-one in the morning here. I haven't worked for less than 10 hours this week, yesterday was a marathon 13.5 hour work session. Today was an easy 10 hour day. I've got to hit the hay, but I just wanted to get a few pics up here for y'all.


We also scraped a wall clean so that we can have a wall in stone. This is a ton of work and I was pulling stones out of everywhere for 2 or 3 days.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home